Sunday, April 4, 2010

Reconciling the Gospel Accounts of Jesus' Resurrection

Its been quite a while since I have posted any new threads on this blog, or even responded to comments made to me. In my last thread, Craig, the man whom I have been debating the existence of God and validity of the Bible with, challenged me to reconcile all of the discrepancies that exist in the gospel accounts of Jesus' resurrection appearances. The fact that there are a number of "apparent" discrepancies in these accounts was a stumbling block to his becoming a Christian.

At that time I looked briefly into the topic and realized that it would involved a great amount of study to do the subject justice. I told Craig at the time that though I was temporarily busy that I would soon get around to doing this. Well, I have been very busy since and until just now have not gotten around to this subject until now.

Today being Easter Sunday, I thought I would use my study time for today's message at church to study this topic and then teach on it. So, today I completed that study. You can view my study notes here (cut and paste this into your web browser):

http://calvarychapelgb.com/Topical/Easter2010TopicalMsg-ReconcilingResurrectionAccts.htm

and listen to my message by clicking here and choosing to download this file to your computer by choosing to save it, and then opening the file once it is on your computer (cut and paste this into your web browser):

http://calvarychapelgb.com/Topical/audio/Easter2010TopicalMsg-ReconcilingResurrectionAccts.mp3

Craig, if you are still out there and interested, I would like to read what you think about this message. Likewise, every reader of this blog may share their opinions and insights as well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home